Chattahoochee Valley Community College (CVCC) offers active duty military, veterans, and their dependents and spouse easy access to quality education. Our applied science degrees and certificates equip students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to compete in the job market successfully. Our general studies and liberal arts associate degrees serve as a springboard to launch students closer to higher educational goals. Because we recognize the unique qualities involved in military life, CVCC established the Fort Benning One-Stop Office. Our Ft. Benning location is at Army Education Center ACES, Building 9230, 8150 Marne Road, Room 1318. You can apply for admissions, register for classes, and apply for educational benefits all under one roof.
- A completed free Application for Admission.
- Official high school transcript from an accredited high school.*
- Official GED transcripts (if applicable).*
- Official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended (if applicable).*
- Official Military Transcript (if applicable).
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid. CVCC’s Federal School Code is 012182.
*Official transcripts are only considered official if they are in the original, sealed envelope from the issuing institution.
The following benefits are available:
- Active Duty: Apply for Tuition Assistance Benefits or VA Educational Benefits
- Veterans: Apply for VA Educational Benefits
- Military Dependents: Initiate Post 9/11 Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB). Once the transfer request is approved, student must apply for VA Educational Benefits.
- Active Duty Spouse: (E1 – E5, W-1 & W-2, O-1 & O-2). Apply for Military Spouse Career Advancement Account
- MyCAA Scholarship (up to $4,000)
You may request Tuition Assistance through your GoArmyEd portal, by completing VIA. You must select CVCC as your homeschool in the VIA web tool in order to request Tuition Assistance funding for classes.
For video instruction, visit https://www.goarmyed.com/docs/videos/VIA_School_Demo.mp4. You may also reach the GoArmyEd Helpdesk at 1-800-817-9990 for assistance.